Public Relations Manager – Comcast (Voorhees, NJ and Trevose, PA)
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The public relations manager is responsible for:
- Planning and conducting public relations programs designed to create and maintain a favorable public image for the company
- Planning and directing development and communication of information designed to keep public informed of Company’s programs, accomplishments, or point of view
- Organizing a significant flow of work and meets appropriate deadlines while representing the organization
Candidate should possess strong written and analytical skills, the ability to work with leadership and be a team player with the ability to quickly build and grow relationships across the Region, Division and Corporate teams.
Candidate can work half the time in NJ and half the time in PA if preferred.
- Represents, coordinates, and supervises public relations activities that facilitate communication of the organization’ s message to internal and external publics.
- Writes/edits significant internal and external communications pieces including management speeches and parts of annual reports.
- Reviews fact sheets, social media, news releases, photographs, scripts, motion pictures, or audio recordings to media representatives and other persons who may be interested in learning about or publicizing company’s activities or message.
- Promotes goodwill through such publicity efforts as speeches, exhibits, films, tours, and question/answer sessions.
- Delegates activities/projects among less experienced assistants to ensure timely results; monitors progress and provides guidance as appropriate.
- Serves as liaison with PR agencies, news agencies, and event organizers to ensure project goals are met and timetable/budget parameters are kept.
- Focuses direction and efforts on understanding what audience is to be reached and with what message.
- Works with outside vendors for quotes for all community investment program items, premium items, print materials, and fulfillment process.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
– Communications / Public Relations
Years of Experience
– Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
To Apply Online: Click here.