Are you an experienced publicist who spends most of your working hours (and more) thinking creatively about food, restaurants, and chefs? Come join a fast-growing PR firm whose specialty is hospitality.
Gail Schoenberg Public Relations (www.gailpr.com) is looking for an experienced, aggressive publicist who is food-savvy, hardworking, and detail-oriented. A dynamic, energetic self-starter with strong pitching, writing and organizational skills is ideal. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who knows the food industry, has high level contacts, and can grow with a company that is expanding.
Gail PR looks forward to meeting candidates who aim to flourish in the culinary and hospitality PR world.
- Pitching to print, broadcast & online media (business/trade & consumer)
- Writing pitches, press releases
- Media/client interaction & outreach
- Social media activity for Gail PR and for clients
- Event management assistance
- Monitor online reviews/social media for clients
- Client prep for interviews, demos, public appearances
- New business search & proposal preparation
- Status report preparation
- Cision media database search/maintenance
- 2-4 years of PR agency experience with culinary & hospitality accounts
- Proven ability to develop media relationships and get results
- Creative spirit with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills: MAC, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Robly or similar email program
- Knowledge of food, wine, travel, & lifestyle trends and the media that cover them
- Cover letter detailing candidate eligibility and salary requirements
- Two media contact references
- Media portfolio (3 best personal media placements)
- Writing samples (2 press releases)
To Apply: No applicant will be considered without a detailed cover letter and salary requirements. Please put “PR Applicant” in your email’s subject line and consult the Application Checklist above. Email to Gail Schoenberg at email@example.com.