IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants), www.imanet.org, one of the world’s largest and most respected professional associations focused exclusively on advancing the management accounting profession, is looking for a Digital Copywriter to join its Brand team. This position is located at IMA’s global headquarters in Montvale, N.J.
In the immediate term, you’ll work with IMA’s Brand and User Experience teams and external web design firm to develop copy for IMA Global’s website. The website is IMA’s premier brand channel to members, customers, stakeholders, and influencers and communicates value of IMA’s programs, products and services. The site is undergoing a redesign to improve the user experience and customer transaction processes. You’ll also work with IMA’s brand team to develop compelling copy for digital marketing campaigns to support IMA’s major product and member offerings.
- Website copywriting: evaluate existing content; make recommendations to internal stakeholders to ensure the best user experience.
- Work with User Experience team (web designer, digital experience manager, external vendor, and other stakeholders) to manage the website design and copywriting process. Maintain sitemap and copy writing workflow to keep the project on schedule.
- Write and edit promotional copy, in digital, e-mail, and other formats, to support the marketing and promotion of IMA’s major initiatives, including conferences, certification products, and new offerings by IMA’s Education and Career Services team. Develop value propositions to attract purchase and engagement.
- Implement proofreading quality checks to ensure that copy is error-free.
- Collaborate with managers of other communications channels (editorial, e-mail, social media) to ensure that messaging is consistent and on target with IMA messaging.
- Develop copy to help maintain up to date, engaging content on IMA’s website, in line with needs and new offerings. Help maintain IMA’s voice to external stakeholders and influencers. Have a strong interest in IMA/CMA subject matter and industry issues.
- Ensure that IMA Brand Guidelines and Style Guide are followed across all channels. Opportunity to develop web style in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Be comfortable with website performance metrics and make recommendations for maximizing conversion and site traffic.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or related field.
- 4-6 years of experience in copywriting for websites, and promotional content across a variety of channels.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammar, fact-checking, and proofreading skills.
- Experience using technical platforms to deliver web and other digital content.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and taxonomy to optimize website content and maximize findability.
- Experience working with B2B and B2C content relevant to accounting/finance, business issues, professionals services, or continuing education subject matter.
- Ability to understand IMA subject matter and technical issues, and translate them into compelling digital headlines.
- Demonstrate strong creative, project management, and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects across various departments.
- Ability to inform, influence, and inspire team members and senior management through effective campaigns and measured results.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience working for a not-for-profit association helpful.
CONTACT: To apply for this position, send a cover letter and résumé to IMA Human Resources at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.