John Ashford, of the Hawthorne Group, shared with us his rules for crisis communications, and shared highlights of the work he and his firm have done. The Hawthorne Group has worked in all 50 states and over 20 countries around the world.
Ashford stressed that companies should be prepared for the unexpected before it happens, and practice crisis avoidance and mitigation.
He shared highlights of the work his firm has done with:
- chemical spills (like the one in the Elk River)
- healthcare and pharmaceutical companies
- banks and financial institutions
- security, from schools to data
- laws, from legislation to petitions
- new products
- dealing with 60 Minutes
- cases they refused to take and
- war stories from the sublime to the ridiculous.
Thanks to TSG Consulting for hosting the meeting in the Walnut Room at Bridge Road Bistro in Charleston.